What is SSL
The Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) is a protocol to protect your privacy and secret , it is mostly used on commercial web servers , such as online shops , when you were entering a personal info or credit card number , you are often redirected to a SSL web site by the URL with https:// prefix , although it is commonly used on web servers , it is quite a general protocol for any kind of internet application that requires secured connections , the FTP is no exception . The original FTP protocol is based on TCP connections which are basically CLEAR TEXT , It is absolutely unsafe although most of the people don't know how to intercept your data , but imaging how terrible will it be if the govrnment , your boss , your bussiness opponent can know everything you transffered via FTP ! with the introduction of RaidenFTPD/SSL , you no longer need to worry about this , RaidenFTPD/SSL can protect both ftp command channel and ftp data channel from being intercepted by others , you can have complete safety while using FTP with RaidenFTPD/SSL .
Using SSL in RaidenFTPD
First of all make sure your RaidenFTPD is newer than v2.4 build 641+ , and SSL extension must be enabled ( not available in trial version and personal license without SSL )
* Supports Implicit SSL (v2.4 build 641+) , Explicit SSL (v2.4 build 641+)
* Supports PBSZ , PROT C/P commands , "Explicit Data Channel Protection"
* Supports both PORT and PASV commands using SSL (v.2.4 build 641+)
* Supports for FXP using SSL through SSCN (RaidenFTPD own command) (v2.4 build 641+)
RaidenFTPD/SSL setup hints :
* cert.pem <- default server certificate , DO NOT REPLACE
* key.pem <- default private key file , DO NOT REPLACE
note : You can create your own SSL certificate and private key , read
* How to enable implicit SSL ? , Goto server editor , Input a SSL port (greater than 0) , Save , restart RaidenFTPD , warning : this port can't be the same with normal port and explicit SSL port
* How to enable explicit SSL ? , Goto server editor , Input an explicit SSL port (greater than 0) , Save , restart RaidenFTPD , warning : this port can't be the same with normal port and implicit SSL port
* FTP clients that support Implicit SSL :
* FTP clients that support Explicit SSL :
* FTP clients that support SSL but can not work with RaidenFTPD
Ws-FTP Pro (if your server only uses SSLv2 server method , then it can work)
Copyright © RaidenFTPD TEAM , ALL RIGHTS RESERVED
REVISION 2.4 , 2003/07/22
The copyrighted works contained in this information service shall not be copied, reproduced, varied, altered, modified, adapted, distributed, performed and displayed in any form without the written permission of the copyright owner. All trademarks belong to their respective owners .